Friday, July 31, 2009

Legally in Business

I am finally legally in business! I have formed an LLC called Global Ecotec. I plan to run any moneymaking enterprises through the LLC, and save any profits to buy undeveloped acreages. When I have my first large parcel of land and hopefully a following, I plan to launch the FieldTaught seminars for people who are interested in getting into Environmental Work but do not have much experience. In the meantime, I plan to raise money by selling handmade or eco-friendly items on my website. I hope to travel to countries where there are craftsmen who are looking for an outlet to sell their goods. I would like to help poorer people of the world without exploiting them. I would buy their work at a fair price and sell it in the US, and hopefully make enough to send some of it back to the people of that region. I have contacts in Thailand, so that is where I would probably start. If anyone is interested in particular items from Thailand or other countries please let me know. Like I said the profit from this would go towards start up of the FieldTaught environmental education program. Also on this land I want to use alternative means to generate electricity (wind, solar) and could have a class on wind energy where we construct a windmill along with the associated storage facility. There are so many possibilities once we get started. At some point I may lead a group to Thailand to visit my contact's small farm. We could help run the farm more efficiently and make it ecologically sustainable. I know this is looking ahead but it is good to have goals.

No comments: